2013 Batch A Coppers are already trooping into National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camps across the country. While some are already on their way others are planning to be on the move latest tomorrow. (Safe journey to all).
However, as the journey begins fully tomorrow (Camp opens tomorrow- Tuesday), one of the essential things needed are words or quotes from some world leaders who have served their country one way or the other.
These quotes, I believe will serve as a sort of inspiration as we obey the clarion call towards "Service and humanity."
Here are twenty of such quotes to motivate you as you obey the clarion call to serve Nigeria. Remember, many receive advice, only the wise profit by it :-)
1. "He that has learned how to obey will know how to command." – Anonymous.
2. "Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great, you can be that generation." Nelson Mandela.
3. "As I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself…" Nelson Mandela.
4. "I am still one, but still I am one, I cannot do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I cannot do"- Edward Everett Hale.
5. "Live in such a way that those who know you but do not know God; will come to know God because they know you." - Anonymous.
6. "Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind." – Henri Fredric Amiel
7. "Appearances matter – and remember to smile." - Nelson Mandela
8. "Do your little bit of good where you are; it's these little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." – Archbishop Desmond Tutu
9. "Do what you can with what you have, where you are."- Theodore Roosevelt
10. "Never despair and if you do, work on in despair." – Edmund Burke
11. "Optimism is a cheerful frame of mind that enables a tea kettle to sing though it is in hot water up to its nose." Anonymous.
12. "Opportunities are seldom labeled."-John A Sheed
13. "Nothing great can be achieved without enthusiasm." –Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. "When faced with a challenge, look for a way…, not a way out."- David l. Weatherford.
15. "It always seems impossible until it is done." Nelson Mandela.
16. "We must use time creatively, and forever realise that the time is always right to do what is right." Nelson Mandela.
17. "When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion"- Ethiopian proverb
18. "A man who paves respect to the great paves way for his own greatness."- Chinua Achebe
19. "Looking at the faces of people, one gets the feeling there's a lot of work to be done."- Wole Soyinka.
20. "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is to be understood." -Marie Curie.